IBR In uncertain times, agility is a necessity for exporters
In response to the World Health Organisation (WHO) declaring the spread of COVID-19 as a pandemic, and following the series of measures announced by the Cyprus Government, Grant Thornton Cyprus has implemented a number of actions to help protect the health and wellbeing of our clients, employees and community.
For our people
- international business travel has been minimised
- should any Grant Thornton Cyprus people travel internationally, they must inform the CEO prior to departure. Colleagues have to take the covid-19 test before returning to work even if travelling to category A / low risk country. In addition, all colleagues travelling should stay home for 14 days, not coming to the office, irrespective of the country (category) they visited
- where possible, internal and external meetings are being held online to minimise travel and enable our people to work from home in an agile manner
- our people may need to visit and work on-site with clients. If any of our people feel concerned that reasonable steps are not being taken to proactively prevent the spread of COVID-19 in a client’s workplace, they have been advised to speak with their Partner immediately.
- we are also providing support to our people with young children at home or who have underlying health conditions or are carers for vulnerable individuals.
For our clients and guests visiting our premises
We are doing everything we can to support you during this time and as a digitally enabled firm, we’ll be working with you in a remote and agile manner.
- we encourage all visitors to adhere to normal handwashing and hygiene practices and make use of the hand sanitisers we have in each of our offices.
- if you begin to feel unwell while you are visiting our offices, please inform your Grant Thornton host
- if you suspect you may have contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of being in sustained physical contact with any of our people, having visited one of our offices or having attending one of our events, please let us know. We will do the same
- if you are looking to minimise your travel at this time and would prefer to meet virtually, please let us know and we will accommodate your request where possible.