At Grant Thornton Cyprus, we have a deep understanding of the regulatory framework and our professionals work closely with clients to understand their strategy and benchmark their performance against the very best international standards across both established and new joiners. This approach allows us to develop clear and innovative solutions to deal with the challenges they face and help them to evolve and prosper in a changing environment.
Our services extend to provide an exceptional level of regulatory and compliance support to institutions across the financial services and other regulated industries.
We offer expertise and forthright advice in the following areas:
We can assist firms in the preparation of applications for new authorisations as well as licencing amendments and extensions by regulators in Cyprus, other EU and offshore jurisdictions for:
- Investment Firms
- Investment Funds and Fund Managers
- Payment Institutions
- Electronic Money Institutions
- Credit Acquiring Companies
- Gaming Licenses.
We offer a range of services for clients seeking solutions from a strategic, business as usual or problem-solving perspective.
These include support in the design and implementation of systems and controls, conducting compliance health checks and controls reviews, undertaking regulatory gap analyses, preparing management for regulatory visits, and the design and delivery of training to staff.
We can provide assistance on retainer, or with remedial work required under a risk mitigation programme, including undertaking skilled persons reviews.
We can also assist clients with their regulatory programmes and projects, for example, through the provision of subject matter expert advice or the secondment of technical or project resource.
Capital Requirements and ICAAP Advisory
Our capabilities cover both Capital Adequacy and ICAAP requirements for financial services firms. Our offerings include:
- ongoing CRD IV Support
- preparation of Periodic Capital Adequacy Reports
- preparation/Review of Pillar III Reports
- preparation/Review of ICAAP manual
- preparation/Review of Annual ICAAP Report
- consultation on ICAAP process
- review of scenarios and stress testing parameters.
Managing risks while providing value is crucial in today’s ever-changing business landscape.
All organisations whether big or small, public or private have risks that they must acknowledge and manage proactively to support their success.
Risk and profitability are inextricably linked. The key is finding the balance that will allow you to meet your goals. Simply put, risk is anything that can come between you and your business goals - people, economic pressures, technological advances, regulatory compliance requirements or changing legislation.
Effective risk management - including governance and standards compliance - requires investment and should therefore be a source of competitive advantage. At Grant Thornton Cyprus, we believe your investment in business risk management goes beyond compliance. It leads to tangible business improvements.
Our team can provide assistance to organisations that are looking to implement or improve their risk management practices and help them to achieve the best balance between minimising risk exposure and increasing profitability.
Our risk management services:
- enterprise risk management advisory
- risk identification facilitation
- risk framework design and assessment (based on COSO or ISO 30001)
- reviewing risk responses
- risk maturity assessment
- outsourced risk management services for investment firms and funds.
AML Compliance Services
Grant Thornton Cyprus has the in-depth knowledge and expertise to help clients keep compliant with AML/CFT regulation by providing the following services:
- creation/assessment of practices, manuals, procedures, and controls
- know your customer onboarding workflows
- risk rating methodology creation or review
- on-demand enhanced due diligence
- regulatory requirements advisory
- model and system validation and optimization.
We offer a full range of tailored solutions to the funds industry both in Cyprus and other jurisdictions.
Grant Thornton Cyprus will assist you in every step of your project, working with you to find the structure that will meet your regulatory, strategic, marketing and operational needs. We will help you to structure your fund in the most efficient way and support you for the lifetime of your fund.
Our services include helping you to implement your new strategies or to use new assets in line with regulatory constraints, supporting you as you negotiate the regulatory wave and making sure you are appropriately alerted each time the new regulation impacts your fund or business model.
We also take care of day-to-day middle and back office functions, supporting our clients so they can focus on their primary objective and mainly on the performance of their funds.
We provide services to clients managing onshore and offshore funds in a variety of assets classes. We deliver streamline services using the most up to date technologies and enabling the most accurate and customised reporting.
Our team provides investors with confirmations, final contract notes and regular statements upon finalisation of the Fund’s Net Asset Value. We can handle wire payments and transfers, including the processing of distribution/dividend payments, and perform in-depth Anti-Money Laundering-Counter, Terrorism Financing and Know Your Client due diligence checks on investors.
Our services include:
- fund bookkeeping
- portfolio valuation
- NAV Calculation
- preparation of Financial Statements and Fund Reporting
- supervision of the Audit Process
- maintaining the database of investors
- maintaining the share/unitholder register(s)
- processing investors transactions (commitments/subscriptions) capital calls, redemptions, exchanges, transfers, distributions/dividends
- processing reconciliations
- subscription, redemption, switch, transfer confirmations
- responding to investors queries.